Safety & Environmental Responsibility
Safety, environmentally responsible mining and concern for the surrounding communities has been and continues to be a core commitment for each of our employees and is vital to our success. As a shepherd of the natural resources that are important to the communities within which we operate, we understand the complexity and interrelationship between our employees, safety, the environment, and the communities. Our performance and customer satisfaction shape our ability to sustain our businesses, and depends on how well we:
- Conduct our business affairs, employing the highest standards of individual safety and corporate conduct;
- Provide what’s best for people and the environment;
- Serve and satisfy customers
It also concerns how we support our employees, our business partners, and the communities where we work. We recognize that acting in a responsible and sustainable manner creates new opportunities and enhances our brand and reputation while protecting the environment and natural resources. This commitment to a sustainable future has remained consistent throughout all of our businesses and influences the decisions we take. We continuously seek to develop our understanding of the political, social and environmental issues that affect us to better inform our decision making.
We pride ourselves on returning the land that we have mined into lovely lake front properties, while restoring the original plants and grass native to the area. It is important that we minimize the impact of our activities after we have left the site.
StonePoint Materials is committed to:
- Providing safe working conditions for all employees and complying with all local, state and federal, laws;
- Maintaining the highest standards of honest, ethical and legal business behaviors at all times and complying with all applicable US, state and local laws and regulations;
- Competing ethically for business;
- Complying with all applicable environmental laws, regulations and standards.